Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Life as it is happening: Flight to AZ coming up

If you don't know about Elia's Journey of Faith you can click here to see her story.

Next Monday June 23 I will be flying to see my Grandaughter Elia and of course her Mom and Dad too. My daughter has sent me the latest Airline rule changes so that I will be good to go. Here they are


Attendant: Welcome aboard Ala Carte Air, sir. May I see your ticket? > > Passenger: Sure. > > Attendant: You're in seat 12B. That will be $5, please! > > Passenger: What for? > > Attendant: For telling you where to sit. > > Passenger: But I already knew where to sit. > > Attendant: Nevertheless, we are now charging a seat locator fee of $5.> It's the airline's new policy. > > Passenger: That's the craziest thing I ever heard. I won't pay it. > > Attendant: Sir, do you want a seat on this flight, or not? > > Passenger: Yes, yes. All right, I'll pay. But the airline is going to> hear about this. > > Attendant: Thank you. My goodness, your carry-on bag looks heavy. Would> you like me to stow it in the overhead compartment for you? > > Passenger: That would be swell, thanks. > > Attendant: No problem. Up we go, and done! That will be $10, please. > > Passenger: What? > > Attendant: The airline now charges a $10 carry-on assistance fee. > > Passenger: This is extortion. I won't stand for it. > > Attendant: Actually, you're right, you can't stand. You need to sit, and> fasten your seat belt. We're about to push back from the gate. But,> first I need that $10. > > Passenger: No way! > > Attendant: Sir, if you don't comply, I will be forced to call the air> marshal. And you really don't want me to do that. > > Passenger: Why not? Is he going to shoot me? > > Attendant: No, but there's a $50 air-marshal hailing fee. > > Passenger: Oh, all right, here, take the $10. I can't believe this. > > Attendant: Thank you for your cooperation, sir. Is there anything else> I can do for you? > > Passenger: Yes. It's stuffy in here, and my overhead fan doesn't seem> to work. Can you fix it? > > Attendant: Your overhead fan is not broken, sir. Just insert two> quarters into the overhead coin slot for the first five minutes. > > Passenger: The airline is charging me for cabin air? > > Attendant: Of course not, sir. Stagnant cabin air is provided free of> charge. It's the circulating air that costs 50 cents. > > Passenger: I don't have any quarters. Can you make change for a dollar?> > > Attendant: Certainly, sir! Here you go! > > Passenger: But you've given me only three quarters for my dollar. > > Attendant: Yes, there's a change making fee of 25 cents. > > Passenger: For crying' out loud. All I have left is a lousy quarter?> What the heck can I do with this? > > Attendant: Hang onto it. You'll need it later for the lavatory.> > Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway. > _________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

IrisF said...

Oh my Glo, you are going to have so much fun with that little sweetheart!!!!

Take plenty of quarters... really made me laugh!

Costume Lady said...

Glo, it is getting to be this way for real and sometimes even worse. Lord, help us all. But, do hope you have a safe and wonderful visit with your Beloved granddaughter and family.

Joyce said...

I can only imagine how much fun you are all having together...Give that sweet sweet granddaughter a hug from all the Eagleholics here!